A Guide to DOT Maintenance and Compliance: A Special Session at NTEA Work Truck Week
Event Date: Wednesday, March 9, 2022 – 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. EST
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, in conjunction with NTEA Work Truck Week
Registration closes Friday, March 4
- Members: $149
- Non-Members: $199
- All session registrants will receive an Expo pass for Work Truck Week.
At this year’s NTEA Work Truck Week, NAFA will host a special session on A Guide to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) (DOT) Maintenance and Compliance. Learn more about the new DOT Guide Outline in order to maintain compliance with the countless federal and state program regulations. Maintaining compliance with these regulations can be intimidating even for even the most experienced fleet management professional. NAFA’s DOT Guide will provide critical insights and advanced methodologies needed to support fleet organizations in better understanding the important tasks necessary to maintain program compliance.
NAFA’s DOT Training session is a half-day event, and will delve into the important issues and hot topics that all fleet professionals should be thinking about. Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion for those who attend the full course.
In this session:
- Comprehensive step-by-step overview of the Commercial Motor Vehicle program to increase your organization’s ability to maintain compliance.
- Overview of the process required to register your Commercial Motor Vehicle Uniform Carrier Registration Act compliance using the FMCSA MCS-150 form.
- Driver Management requirements including, CDL licensing, Drug Clearinghouse, DQ Files, HOS, ELD, DVIR, Medical testing, MVR, compliance and much, much more.
- Manage International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA), International Registration Plan (IRP), Heavy Vehicle Use Tax (HVUT) and effectively to audit-proof these compliance programs.
- Review vehicle inspection reporting, permitting, annual DOT inspections, maintaining biennial terminal inspection compliance and ability to perform program self-audits.
- Improve asset and driver safety by proactively maintaining and managing your company’s CSA Score (i.e., Safer.gov) and avoiding unnecessary interventions and/or audits by state and federal regulators
Steven W. Saltzgiver, CAFS
Director of Strategic Innovation, RTA Fleet Management Software
Don't Miss These Other NAFA Activities at NTEA Work Truck Week:
Heartland Chapter Meeting Featuring a Special 100 Best Fleets Session
On Thursday, March 10, join your fellow fleet professionals in Indianapolis for NAFA’s Heartland Chapter March meeting being held at the Indianapolis Convention Center during NTEA’s Work Truck Show. Enjoy networking with your peers and a feature presentation, Initiatives and Actions from The 100 Best Fleets.
In this interactive session Michael Brennan, Chief Judge for the 100 Best Fleets in the Americas contest will present an overview of the five overreaching initiatives and their specific action steps the 100 Best Fleets are currently taking to achieve excellence that you can apply the next day in your fleet operations. Kevin Schlangen, Fleet Manager form Dakota County Minnesota, Larry Campbell, Fleet Manager from the City of Ft. Wayne Indiana, and others will join the conversation to share their agency's successes, initiatives and steps taken to increase their agency's efficiency. This is a session not to miss! Come prepared to interactively discuss similar initiatives your agency has taken to achieve excellence within your organization.
Meeting fee: $15 includes coffee break at Chapter meeting and Expo hall access to Work Truck Show for Thursday, March 10th. Expo pass does not include access to education sessions or meals.
Add-on: Lunch ticket ($25) can be purchased for Thursday's buffet lunch served on the expo hall Noon - 2:00 pm.
9:30 – 10:00 a.m.: Check in & Networking
10:00 – 10:30 a.m.: Welcome Remarks
10:30 – 11:45 a.m.: 100 Best Fleets Panel with Q&A
11:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: Closing Remarks
NAFA Networking Reception
Join NAFA on Wednesday, March 9 from 5:00-7:00 pm for a can't miss networking reception at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown. All attendees with interest in fleet management are welcome to attend and meet fellow fleet managers, NAFA members, and NAFA leaders. NAFA will raffle off prizes for those in attendance.
Visit the NAFA Booth
While at the NTEA Work Truck Week, visit the NAFA Booth in the Expo Hall. Stop by booth #5505 to learn more about NAFA's membership offerings, upcoming educational opportunities, the nationally recognized Certification program, and the upcoming NAFA Institute & Expo.