Leadership is the art of influencing and motivating individuals toward the achievement of organizational goals and may include the employment of management techniques. Understanding the definitions, traits and theories of leadership can help leaders become more effective. Power and authority should be used effectively but never abused. Leadership is so important in an organization that succession planning is needed to ensure continuity.
- To distinguish between leaders and managers.
- To identify factors, traits, models and theories of leadership.
- To understand the use of power and dangers of abuse.
- To learn how to conduct succession planning.
- To understand how leaders can communicate effectively.