Fleet Management Certifications Give You a Performance Advantage
Furthering your education through a professional designation in your field of employment is the best way to enhance your current career or begin a new one. Earning a CAFM® / CAFS® certification validates the person’s high-level of expertise and often leads to added prestige … not to mention that a CAFM® certification generally puts holders ahead of the pack.
NAFA’s Certification Programs Can:
- Increase your earning potential, advance your career by filling the gap between current education and workplace requirements, be completed in a short amount of time, and completed while maintaining a full-time job, by enrolling in the CAFM® program.
- Advance your career by filling the gap between current education and workplace requirements. A shop foreman, promoted to temporarily fill the Fleet Manager’s post, enrolled in the CAFM® program immediately to fill the gaps in his management education.
- Be completed in a short amount of time. Candidates can complete the program in as little as five months, or take up to three years.
- Be acquired while maintaining a full-time job. All materials are available online as a self-study program.
- Help jumpstart a career in the new field. An attendee at NAFA’s annual Institute and Expo explained that he had just been given fleet responsibilities and his accounting background was not sufficient. He enrolled in the CAFM® program to “find out what he didn’t know.”
Who Should Pursue Professional Designation in Fleet Management?
- Fleet Professionals – update current skills or learn new competencies in fleet management
- College students – earn the CAFM® or CAFS® while you are completing your degree so you will stand out to potential employers when you graduate.
- Changing careers – jumpstart your career in a new field
Professional & Personal Benefits
- Experience based;
- Value for the money;
- Practically and professionally oriented;
- Demonstrate commitment to lifelong learning;
- Flexible and customizable;
- Provide networking opportunities;
- Increase confidence;
- Provide positive return on investment;
- Help career advancement.
Earning my CAFM® has increased my opportunities in fleet tenfold. The CAFM® Program teaches professionals in fleet all of the nuts and bolts that they need to take their fleet from great to amazing. Simply said it is like putting fuel in your vehicles fuel tank to make it run. If you educate yourself with the disciplines of the CAFM® your fleet will run well."
Kathy Wellik, CAFM®
One of the valuable collection of lessons for me, as with many public-sector fleet managers, was learning about the commercial side of fleet management. It makes me more versatile."
Nina Hoffert, MPA, CAFM®
If you are a seasoned, long-term fleet management professional, how do you measure your fleet management knowledge and expertise? There is no better way than to participate in the CAFM® program! The study guides, training opportunities, and exams confirm and expand your knowledge base and upon successful completion of the program you can be counted among the very best in fleet management – the CAFMs®!
If you are just starting in fleet management – you’ve already recognized there is a lot to learn and want professional recognition of your abilities. There is no better track than with the CAFM® program. Study materials, training, and networking opportunities support your efforts for becoming one of the very best in fleet management – a CAFM®!"
John Brewington CAFM®, CEM | firstname.lastname@example.org
Brewington & Company | Fleet Asset & Management Consulting
My mother-in-law recently passed away. She was 87. After the funeral family and friends gathered at my home and watched a video/interview of my mother-in-law and her husband who preceded her in death. The video was about 12 years old and most of the family was seeing it for the first time. Both answered questions about the family tree and about life in general. My brother-in-law was the videographer and he acknowledged the extraordinary cooking skills of my mother-in-law. She knew how tools, preparation, ingredients, temperature, timing, seasoning and presentation were all important but when asked “what is the secret to being a great cook” she replied in the third person and said “it takes a lot of confidence for a person to be a good cook.” Her humility would not allow her say “great” even as she distanced herself by replying in the third person. At was as if she was still trying to claim confidence for herself.
There is so much to be said about confidence no matter your quest. Mixed together with a heaping tablespoon of humility (to prevent cockiness) it promotes and sustains achievement.
So why CAFM®? The answer is simple. It will give you confidence."
A significant benefit of the CAFM® designation is that it indicates the person has a substantial level of knowledge that has been independently verified by a recognized industry leader. It also indicates that the CAFM® holder is interested in fleet management as a profession and not just a job."
Mike Wilson, CAFM®
University of Iowa Fleet Manager
CAFM® a differentiator in a highly-competitive environment that provides more reassurance that a professionally-certified prospect is knowledgeable, focused, committed, etc. and could have a positive impact on an organization’s profitability."
Marianne Stewart, CAFM®
Business/Product Development Manager | Auto Driveaway Phone: 312-859-2009