Excitement abounded on the evening of April 24 as the winners of the 2018 FLEXY Awards ascended the stage and claimed their awards.
The FLEXYs are open to all fleet professionals, regardless of whether or not they were members of NAFA Fleet Management Association. Industry leaders, acting as judges in the selection process for finalists and winners, never saw the names of nominees or the organizations they work for. Voting was 100 percent blind, based solely upon the actions and ideas listed by the nominees on their submission forms. This allowed for unbiased selection based strictly on the quality of nominee accomplishments.
The winners of the 2018 FLEXY Awards are:
Outstanding Achievements in Public Service Fleet Management
- Robert Gordon, Director of Fleet Management, DeKalb County Fleet Management
Outstanding Achievements in Corporate Fleet Management
- Adam Orth, CAFM®, Fleet Services Manager, General Mills
Excellence in Public Fleet Sustainability Accomplishment
- Rick Medina, Fleet, Fuel, and Equipment Services, Mission Support and Test Services
Excellence in Corporate Sustainability Accomplishment
Excellence in Public Fleet Safety
- Charles Grab, UCONN Transportation and Fleet Services
Excellence in Corporate Safety
- Joe Suarez, Director, Florida Power & Light Company
Excellence in Fleet Leadership
- Steven Schoen, Director, Mobility Services Americas, Siemens
Regular Member of the Year
- Gary Lentsch, CAFM, Eugene Water & Electric Board, Eugene, Oregon
Associate Member of the Year
- Marianne Stewart, CAFM, Auto Driveaway
Congratulations to all of the 2018 FLEXY nominees and winners. You are the pride of NAFA and of the fleet profession!
Special thanks to Wheels, Inc., the corporate sponsor for this year's FLEXY Awards Celebration.