Select Year to View:
Release date: 10/14/2019
NAFA Fleet Management Association seeks Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to update an existing educational Resource Guide (text book) and Associated Study Guide for the Maintenance Management Module of its Certified Automotive Fleet Manager (CAFM) certification program.
The Maintenance Module content includes the following topics: Vehicle Mechanics, Maintenance Programs, Shop Operations, FMC-Outsourced Maintenance, and Performance Monitoring. A SME can provide a bid for an individual chapter/topic, or for all. A detailed outline and copies of the existing Guide and Study Guide will be provided to the selected SMEs. The existing Maintenance Guide was developed by NAFA volunteers approximately 10 years ago. Although much of the content remains valid, updates are needed. Also, one Chapter, FMC-Outsourced maintenance, is completely new.
REQUESTED SERVICES (Not limited to the following):
- Review the existing draft and coordinate a final content outline with NAFA staff and committees
- Review existing content and determine content to delete
- Determine what information is missing and create a research/interview plan to develop it.
- Create a timeline to deliver draft and final versions of each Chapter
- Meet with/interview NAFA SMEs as necessary
- Develop all new content, with references (where appropriate)
- Deliver a final edited version of both a Resource and Study Guide to NAFA no later than February 28, 2020.
Questions can be directed to Kate Vigneau, CAFM, at KVigneau@nafa.org or Pam Nobles, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All proposals should be sent to email@example.com by November 14th, 2019.
Selected SME(s) will be notified by November 20th, 2019.
- Please provide a written proposal covering the following:
- Knowledge of the subject(s)
- Experience in Guide Development
- Experience with Certification Program
- Proven written communication skills
- References who have first-hand knowledge of similar work accomplished
- Estimated time to complete the drafts of each Chapter as well as a revision timeline.