Select Year to View:
Release date: 9/26/2017
NAFA is seeking four candidates for its 2018 Board of Directors. If you always wanted to help shape the future of the fleet and mobility industry, now is your opportunity to make a difference!
NAFA’s Nominating Committee has developed a list of specific criteria upon which they will be assessing candidates. Please see the list below to understand the needs NAFA seeks in an effective board member. Be sure to address how you can fill these needs when you complete your Candidate Consideration Form.
2018 Candidate Criteria
In submitting a Candidate Consideration Form, individuals must clearly indicate how they meet some or all of the following criteria:
• Strategic Thinking: the ability to come up with effective plans in line with an organization’s objectives within a particular situation
• Leadership Skills: the aptitude to inspire, communicate and delegate effectively, keeping in mind the organization’s mission and goals
• Consensus Building (or Collaborative Problem Solving): the skills to mediate potential conflicts that involves multiple parties, leading to resolutions that are acceptable to all parties involved
• Critical Thinking: the ability to conduct an objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a judgment
• Industry Experience: relevant fleet industry experience that will enable the person to offer opinions and guidance on topics of concern or inquiry
• Flexibility: the ability to demonstrate willingness to change or compromise for the good of the organization
• Communication Skills: the capability to convey information to people clearly and simply so that the message is understood, while at the same time being able to understand the audience which the message is intended for
• Time Commitment: the ability to be involved in the organization with no barriers to such involvement
• Organizational Support: having the support of your employer to be an industry leader and devote time to the Board of NAFA
• Passionate: having a love of the industry and the organization to want to help move both forward and in a positive manner
Per the National Council of Non-Profits, great board members have three things in common:
1. Holding the community in trust (being a good steward)
2. Being a servant-leader (serve first, lead second)
3. Working for the common good
Completed Candidate Consideration Forms are due back to NAFA by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday, October 30, 2017.
Candidates are not permitted to campaign for office. NAFA’s Nominating Committee will review all Candidate Consideration Forms in November*. The Nominating Committee will announce its slate of nominees in December. Nominees not selected by the Committee may choose to run by petition. (Details of this process will be provided in November to those who request it.) The NAFA election will take place in January 2018. Individuals elected to the Board of Directors will assume office in February 2018.
To be considered for the NAFA Board of Directors, you must complete the Candidate Consideration Form found here
Completed forms are due back to NAFA by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday, October 30, 2017.
*Please note: Retired members, honorary members, and students are not eligible.