The Membership Committee plays an important role in NAFA’s ongoing efforts to recruit and retain members. This committee serves as the backbone for member growth and engagement. Additionally, the committee assists with greeting attendees at NAFA educational and social events, as well as identifying opportunities to improve member engagement and the overall membership experience. The committee also works with membership-related issues or special projects that requires discussion, research, and recommendations for changes to association membership business (such as a dues structure change, addition of a new member category, etc.)
- Identify member needs and/or concerns, bringing them to the Board of Director’s attention.
- Recommend ideas for promoting membership, increasing membership and aiding retention.
- Encourage prospective members to join.
- Advise staff and develop recommendations of programs and services to further the association’s goals and strategic plan.
- Encourage and motivate Chapter Membership Committee Chairs and Chapter Chairs to promote membership to non-members and facilitate better membership service.
- Review all member applications to ensure compliance with membership qualifications as stated in the NAFA Bylaws/Code of Regulations.
- Encourage active participation on the committee.
- Attend Leadership Forum meetings.
- Communicate regularly with the Reporting Director and staff liaison.
- Lead conference calls and committee discussions.
- Serve as key liaison between committee members and NAFA staff.
- Act as liaison between Chapter Membership Committee Chairs and Leadership Forum.
- Work with NAFA staff to prepare draft reports on project status for the Board of Directors.
Business Development Manager
Vice Chair – Regular Member
United States Marine Corps SWRFT
Twentynine Palms, CA
Dale Collins, CAFM
Fleet Services Supervisor