The I&E Curriculum Content Committee provides recommendations and assists with the development of educational content for NAFA programs. Members oversee the implementation and performance of NAFA educations programs including prioritizing development and delivery of new content as well as determining the overall goals for each program or component. The committee evaluates the overall effectiveness of learning activities and work with staff to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Research educational needs of members, staying aware of pertinent and timely issues affecting fleet management.
- Develop educational program for upcoming event, including assessing suggested course topics, brainstorming relevant topics, suggesting speakers and instructors, and selecting moderators.
- Draft all course descriptions and “what you’ll learn” content.
- Communicate with speakers and moderators to confirm their participation. Serve as point of contact for selected speakers.
- Understand NAFA’s speaker guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Lead and direct committee’s work in developing entire educational program for upcoming event.
- Collaborate with staff liaisons to establish timeline of deliverables and determine conference educational tracks.
- Work with committee members to ensure final course descriptions and speaker confirmations are submitted.
- Serve as key liaison between committee members and NAFA staff.
- Attend all committee meetings.
- Ensure participation, and equal sharing of workload, by all committee members.
- Attend Leadership Forum meetings and deliver reports on event status.
- Assist in preparation of special budgetary requests for Board of Directors.
Principal Project & Quality Analyst
Vice Chair – Regular Member
Mario Guzman, CAFM
General Services Manager
City of West Palm Beach
West Palm Beach, FL
Vice Chair – Associate Member
Element Fleet Management
Ray Brisby, CAFM
Calgary Fire Department